Byron Seeds has selected the best hay solutions for organic producers. KingFisher Alfaplus is an all-time-high favorite and now includes our LiHerold Meadow Fescue.
The advantages of adding grasses with alfalfa for hay are:
- Increased tonnage by 1.5 to 2 tons of dry matter per acre.
- Increased NDFD for improved herd health
- Better feed utilization due to higher digestible fiber and increased feed efficiency.
- Higher sugar content and energy levels
- A mixture of tall fescue, meadow fescue and orchardgrass
- Great for hay and haylage
- Better for grazing than Kora
- Easy to dry
- KF Premium Hay Blend Plus combines the best Tall Fescue with the best Festulolium we know, conventional or organic!
- The fescue gives the mix the persistence for long life and the quick establining Perun provides the nurse crop.
- This our most popular mix for combining with alfalfa for haylage production
- Designed for haylage or baleage harvest, or as a base for a custom pasture blend
- Excellent NDFD with high sugars
- Excellent as a straight planting or mix with alfalfa
- High yielding in various soil types and management systems
- Excellent for haylage, baleage, dry hay
- Great mix to increase fiber digestibility
- High energy/sugar