WARM SEASON GRASSES
KingFisher Sorghum & Sorghum Sudan
These two summer annuals are new to KingFisher, but have been trialed extensively for the past several years, both in our plots and on our customers' farms. Both of these sorghums are BMR Gene 6, of course, and each fills a need in our lineup.
KF Sugar-Pro 55SS is a sorghum sudan that has the good points of a sudangrass along with the strengths of a sorghum sudan. It has the fine stems, dry stalk, abundant tillering and the fast regrowth of a sudangrass combined with the productivity of a sorghum sudan. SugarPro 55SS also has a very extensive root system. Sorghum roots are very good for your soils.
KF Fiber-Pro 70FS is a new Brachytic Dwarf from KingFisher. FiberPro is a slightly shorter day version of our great AF7401. Brachytic Dwarfism has many advantages including: abundant tillering, shorter height for standability, shorter intermodal distances meaning more leaves on a stalk.
KingFisher's lineup of sorghums include all the advantages of BMR Gene 6 digestibility and the 100% Replant guarantee from KingFisher. Include one of these proven performers in your summer annual planting plans!
*Drilled rates are for harvesting before full maturity.
Cut, wilt, chop.
- Dry stalk
- Grazing, silage & baleage
- High tillering
- Drought tolerant
- Good summer production
- High quality summer forage BMR gene for high digestibility
- Easy doublecropping with cool season annual grasses and legumes
- Mixtures with warm season grasses and legumes
- Seeding rates 20-40lbs/acre
Zones: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Full season brachytic dwarf forage sorghum
- 1/3 lower inputs than corn
- Approximately 110-115 days to soft dough harvest
- Highly digestible
- Good disease package
- Energy increases upon heading as grain head forms
- Superior standability
- Seeding rates 4-7 lbs/acre, drilled 7-12 lbs per acre
Zones: 3, 4, 5, 6